Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) is the multinational conglomerate helmed by one of the world's greatest investors and entrepreneurs, Warren Buffett. Although BRK.A has enjoyed a great deal of success and wealth in recent decades, it is not without its disgruntled employees. From long hours to overwhelming workloads, here are 5 things Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) employees hate about their job:
1. Long Hours - Many BRK.A employees find themselves working ridiculous hours in order to get ahead and remain competitive in their respective departments. This can lead to burnout and a lack of motivation over time due to the constant pressure to produce stellar results on tight timelines.
2. Bureaucracy - Just like any large organization, there’s always a certain degree of bureaucracy that plagues the internal operations of BRK.A. Employees may often have to jump through hoops or complete unnecessary tasks in order to progress projects or ideas which leads to frustration amongst many workers at the company.
3. Lack Of Recognition - Despite all the long hours and hard work put into creating successful campaigns or initiatives, many employees feel as if their efforts go unnoticed and under appreciated by higher-ups within the company who rarely recognize individual achievements outside of performance reviews..
4. Risk Averse Culture - Due to Warren Buffett’s famously conservative style of investing and managing, BRK.A has built up an inherently risk-averse culture within its ranks where trying new ideas or strategies is seen as dangerous with little room for failure or experimentation along the way.?
5. Low Level Of Job Security - As with any publicly traded company, there’s always some level of uncertainty when it comes job security due to fluctuations in stock prices and other external factors beyond an employee’s control that can affect their day-to-day work environment.?
With its unpredictable workloads, frustrating bureaucracy and low levels of recognition all tied together with an inherent foreignness towards risk taking, it’s easy to see why many Berkshire Hathaway (BRK A) employees find themselves hating their jobs at times despite all they do for this successful enterprise.